Amazon is entering the maturity phase of it’s business. They’ve won the eCommerce game, and they’ve won the retail game. They’ve successfully made it faster and cheaper to buy items across the United States than anywhere else. I personally predict that American Made and High Quality Goods will be the next phase of Amazon. In addition to that, you will need to start pushing external traffic into Amazon to even get off the ground.
Examples of new barriers to entry:
- Categories Requiring Approval – Grocery, Topicals, among the hardest.
- Ads within Amazon ecosystem aren’t triggering impressions as of June 2018 without prior sales history. (No one is talking about this)
- Brands much have a trademark to register with Amazon. It takes 6 months to get a trademark.
- All consumables, liquids, topicals, require hazmat approval.
- Batteries require documentation.
- Photos, titles, and other critical attributes are now being towed to a specific bright line. Either produce good customer experience, or Amazon removes them or changes them to whatever they see fit.
So what do you do about all of this? Launch on Amazon now!
In order of priority, here are the things you should do:
- Open a Seller Central account.
- Hire a consultant who can get you launched. Yours truly has scaled an Amazon Agency, and we onboard 3 clients a week. www.MyAmazonGuy.com Steps 3+ are best done by the pros.
- Load products to the account.
- Ship products in.
- Optimize products. Get your titles, photos, bullets, back end SEO all setup.
- Launch Sponsored Ads.
- Launch a storefront. Article and video on that here.
- Launch Headline Ads.
- Build Enhanced Brand Content.
- Get reviews on your products.
- Sign up for early reviewer program.
- Get Feedback Genius to automated review requests.
Every company ever is going to get stuck on one of those steps. Whether it’s the logistics, the merchandising, or the marketing. That’s why you should hire a consultant who can get done in days what your company will try do in months. Let the top executives make the hiring decision of on a consultant, so that they are empowered to cut through the red tape, and growth hack you some results.