Creating an Amazon Listing that generates sales and builds a brand takes a lot of work.
You have to have titles optimized, copy in place for title and descriptions, backend keywords added, clear photos, and much more.
Today, we’re going to talk about optimizing our title, bullet points, descriptions, and search terms to ensure that we get in view of potential customers and convert as many clicks into sales as possible.
A software called Sellics states that the order of importance is: Title, Back-end Keywords, Bullet Points, Description
Title Best Practices:
- Capitalize the first letter of each word
- Don’t include trademarks or registered marks
- Don’t include the type of company (Ltd, Srl., Inc., etc.)
- Include only the information required for each field
- Avoid duplicate words
- Keep under the Character Limit of 200
- Add keywords to title to help with SEO
Meliora Goods 4K Ultra HD QLED Smart TV 240Hz High-Contrast 1 Billion Shades of Color HDR Power-Efficient Voice Activated Back-Lit (65”)]
Bullet Point Best Practices:
Bullet points should highlight the five key features you want customers to consider. These might include dimensions, age rating, ideal conditions for the product, skill level, included accessories, country of origin, and so on. Each individual bullet point should:
- The first words on each bullet point should start with all-capitalized letters followed by a Colon
- Reiterate important information from the title and description where applicable
- Use semicolons to separate phrases within a single bullet point
- Be more than 10 characters but less than 255 characters
- Use 3-5 Bullets with 2-5 sentences in each.
- The first bullet should be unique to the SKU and should capture the attention of the customer
- The second through fifth bullet points can include size, brand statement, generic benefits that can apply to multiple SKUs
Bullet points should never include:
- Website links
- MAXIMUM ANTI-AGING RESULTS: Our Anti-Aging Serum is a luxuriously rich, silky Facial Serum formulated to diminish the visibility of fine-lines, age-spots, and wrinkles. Enriched with 24k Gold, Amino Peptides, and super-antioxidants Vitamins A,C,E – all known for their anti-aging properties – this Serum improves skin’s firmness and elasticity for a radiant, youthful appearance. Directions: Gently tap onto clean skin. Use 2-3 times a week. FOR ALL SKIN TYPES.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE ANTI-AGING INGREDIENTS: Enriched with powerful Anti-Aging ingredients 24k Gold, Amino Peptides, and super-antioxidants Vitamins A,C,E – all known for their anti-aging properties, this Serum is designed to boost, nourish, and recharge your skin for a glowing, radiant appearance. 24k GOLD is the best natural, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory antioxidant. POTENT AMINO PEPTIDES stimulate Collagen reproduction. VITAMINS A, C, and E are super antioxidants for best anti-aging results.
- HIGHLY-EFFECTIVE TIMELESS SERUM TO BOOST RESULTS: This 24k Timeless Anti-Aging Serum defies the aging process by reducing the visibility of fine lines, wrinkles, and other visible signs of premature aging. It nourishes the skin from within with supreme anti-aging ingredients for a luminous, flawless appearance. This cream’s luxurious texture will leave your skin revitalized and recharged for hours after each application.
- BEST VALUE FOR THE GOLD STANDARD OF SKINCARE: We provide spa-level skincare at an affordable price point providing the best value for an exclusive, high-end skincare.
- MADE IN USA. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. CRUELTY-FREE. PARABEN FREE. NO FILLERS. NO HARMFUL FRAGRANCES: Discover the Gold Standard of Skincare. Buy now and discover the Gold Standard of Skincare. Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back.]
Product Description Best Practices:
The product description lists the product features, explains what the product is used for, and provides other product-specific information.
A good product description is concise, honest, and friendly. It introduces the product and gives an overview of its uses and where it fits in its category. It can expand on the features mentioned in the bullet points.
When writing your product description:
- Use between 100 and 200 words, but under the character limit of 2000
- Write full sentences and use a full stop at the end
- Include HTML formatting
Enjoy our <strong> Living Progesterone Cream </strong>! Each pump of Living Progesterone 50 delivers a generous 50mg of Progesterone, or 5% strength per bottle. <br /> Every Living Progesterone 50 container manufactured includes over 80 pumps that should last approximately 2 months. <br /> Living Progesterone 50 is 100% Paraben free and 100% Phenoxyethanol Free. <br / > Living Progesterone 50 has a 5% strength, which means that one pump provides 50 mg of progesterone. <br /> Living Progesterone 50 usage may vary, however, one bottle should last at least 2 months. After it is applied, Progesterone only lasts for about 5-6 minutes in the bloodstream because it is so readily picked up by receptor sites. <br /> The most important time of day to use progesterone is before lunch. Insulin levels are the highest in the afternoon, which, of course, is why many people get sleepy between 3-4PM. Please keep in mind that when sugar levels drop, the body will be releasing adrenaline to raise the sugar levels back up. <br /> <strong> How to use: </strong> <br /> This container yields about 180 half pumps or 90 full pumps. Massage into your inner arms, thighs, chest or apply to inner forearms and rub arms together until fully absorbed. Use at night or once or twice a day as needed. Each pump delivers about 55mg of Bio-Identical Progesterone along with MSM, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, and Licithing in a rich cream that absorbs into the skin. <br /> <strong> BENEFITS: </strong> <br /> Progesterone has been shown to help with a variety of health conditions, including: <br /> – Stress <br /> – Adrenals <br /> – Unbalanced Cortisol Levels <br /> – Sex Drive <br /> – Managing Cholesterol Levels <br /> – Sleep <br /> – Restless Legs <br /> – Managing Thyroid <br /> – Managing Blood Sugar <br /> – Aging <br /> – ADHD <br /> – Depression <br />]
Search Term Best Practices:
In order for customers to find your products, it’s important to provide keyword search terms customers might use when searching for products…
Our system limits the length of the generic keyword/search terms attribute to less than 250 bytes. It is still technically possible to go over the limit, however if you do, none of your entries will be indexed by our search engine. Being indexed means that your product is eligible (but not guaranteed) to appear in search results.
In general, characters count as 1 byte. However, some special characters such as ‘é’, ‘ä’ or ‘&’ count as 2 or more bytes. We recommend that you use an online byte counter to check the byte count of your generic keywords.
Your keywords should be:
- Not separated by a comma or semicolon
- Include synonyms, abbreviations and alternate names.
- Include spelling variations; no need for misspellings.
- Use either singular or plural; no need for both.
- Don’t repeat words within the search terms field.
- Don’t include your brand or other brand names in search terms.
- Don’t include ASINs in search terms.
- No need for stop words, such as “a” “an” “and” “by” “for” “of” “the” “with” or punctuation, such as ; : , – .
- No temporary statements, such as “new” or “on sale now”
- Don’t use subjective claims, such as “best” “cheapest” “amazing” and so on.
- Don’t add abusive or offensive terms.
[Example: ORO24KARAT ORO 24KARAT GOLD OROGOLD 24K 24KGOLD reinvigorating express non-surgical facelift minimize age spots reduce fine lines new anti aging formula anti wrinkle made with gold 24 karat]