Parentage refers to the connecting of variations such as colors or size, to the same listing. This gives customers improved options to purchase.
- Size Parentage
- Quantity Parentage
- Color Variation Parentage
- Flavor Variation Parentage
- Color Size Variation Parentage
- Style Variation Parentage
- When in doubt, parent items together
- Reviews are combined in most categories when parented
- Break up a Parentage when 2 SKUs are dominant
a. Separate into 2 parentages
b. Double your search results
Sample Images of Parentage :
Parentage Best Practices
Below are guidelines we follow when we build your parentage:
- Download a template that matches the item category of all child listings. You’ll want to create a parentage in the back end to avoid errors in uploading
- It’s best to group together the listings with the same Brands/Manufacturers/Categories per parentage to avoid errors in uploading.
- On the template, make sure to fill out the parent name completely except for its size and color.
- On the template, always make sure to fill out the update_delete “Partial Update” and condition_type “New” headers
- If there is no condition_type header in the template, you can just add it at the end of the template’s headers
- If bullets and descriptions are available, please add them to the parent details.
- When selecting a variation_theme, please make sure that each child listing has unique size or color attributes to avoid errors in uploading.
- Lastly, try to troubleshoot and fix the error encountered on uploading. If nothing works, call or file a case with Amazon.