Parentage (Connect Variations)
No Longer Will You Have to Attempt to Create Complicated Listing Variations Alone – The Experts at My Amazon Guy Have You Covered
What is Parentage?
The connecting of variations such as color or size to the same listing which give customers improved options to purchase.
Color Variation Parentag
Shared Keyword Rankings
Increase Conversion Rate
Helps weaker variations get stronger
Parentage Best Practices
Below are guidelines we follow when we build your parentage.
(1) Download a template that matches the item category of all child listings you want to create a parentage in the back-end to avoid errors in uploading.
(2) It’s best to group together the listings with the same Brands/Manufacturers/
(3) On the template, make sure to fill out the parent name completely except for its size and color.
(4) On the template, always make sure to fill out the update_delete “PartialUpdate” and condition_type “New” headers.
(5) If there is no condition_type header in the template, you can just add it at the end of the template’s headers.
(6) If bullets and description are available, please add them to parent details.
(7) When selecting a variation_theme, please make sure that each child listing has a unique size or color attributes to avoid errors in uploading.
(8) Lastly, try to troubleshoot and fix the error encountered on uploading. If nothing works, call or file a case to Amazon.
Frequently Asked Question
- Will reviews combine? Most likely yes, however in some categories Amazon no longer combines reviews. We do not guarantee reviews will combine on a parentage.
- How does parentage work? We create a parent sku and connect all variation (child’s) to it. The parent is the vanilla version of the product. With no size or color. The variation attribute is housed only at the child variation level.
- What if Amazon breaks the parentage? It’s entirely possible Amazon does not like the parentage for their own arbitrary reasons. Parentages such as size, quantity, or color variations, are rather safe. Variations that connect items with kits, or differing components are higher risk for Amazon to break. If you order parentage from us, we will connect the products as you request them. Amazon is an iterative process and we do not warranty any work as it’s outside of our control.
- How long does this service take? 1-3 Business days. If any issue arises within 7 days of delivery it is within scope for us to handle.