In this video, I will be talking about the Amazon brand registry. This will be a comprehensive A-to-Z guide – from the trademark registration with USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office), and how to open up a brand registry on Amazon, to an overview of every feature that you can get access to with brand registry.
If you need help filing trademark registration, go here: https://myamazonguy.com/trademark-services/
How to File for Brand Registry – My Amazon Guy
First Step – Own a TradeMark
- To Find out How to Register your Trademark and for more information on what a Trade Mark is and our services please visit: https://myamazonguy.com/trademark-services/
Second Step – Locate your TradeMark Registration Number
- Go to the US Government Trademark Database at the link below:
- Click Search our trademark database (TESS)
- Click Basic Word Mark Search (New User)
- Type in your brand and click submit query.
- Grab the registration number for the brand you are attempting to locate.
Third Step – Brand Registry
- Once you have your registration number go to: https://brandservices.amazon.com – Click Get started on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Go to the eligibility page – make sure your brand is eligible and click Enroll Now.
- Complete the Registration Steps. Once the Brand Services Registration is Complete – the trademark owner (the email the trademark was filed under) will receive a code from Amazon typically within 48 hours of application.
- Once this code is sent – email it directly to [email protected] or your Designated Amazon Specialist – and we will complete your brand registry.
Benefits of Brand Registry:
- Protect your brand and take control of your Amazon listings. You can now file trademark infringement cases at https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement
- Stand out from the competition and showcase your brand with Enhanced Brand Content on Amazon. (Now commonly referred to as A+ Content)
- Stand out from the competition and showcase your collection of products on a brand storefront.
- Headline ads
Add a Registered User to your Amazon Brand Registry, File Infringements on Amazon (Video)
brandregistry.amazon.com – File Brand Registry and add users
https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement – Report Infringements to take down listings or sellers concerning your patent, trademark, copyright
How To Look Up a Trademark – My Amazon Guy
Getting a trademark is more important to your business than ever. A trademark protects your products and your brand. Without it, you have no recourse to another person or company ripping off your stuff.
Click here to learn how we can help you protect your brand and take control of your Amazon listings with our trademark services.
Today it’s never been easier to order something off Alibaba Express and start selling an item. We live in the Amazon private label age. If you spend time and money investing in a new idea and don’t get a trademark or patent in place, someone can start selling your exact product and piggy back off your success.
Sometimes even on your own Amazon listings they’ll show up with knockoffs. That not only damages your brand and product, but it could put pressure on your pricing and hurt your margins.
Trademark leads to Brand Registry on Amazon
Having a trademark allows you to get brand registry on Amazon, and you can report products and the sellers of those products for infringing on your trademark. The Amazon brand registry also allows you to build enhanced content, advertise headline ads, open a storefront with a vanity url of www.amazon.com/(your_brand_name_here), and better control your data.
It’s easier to get a trademark than a patent, so at bare minimum get a trademark in place for your brand. Trademarks currently heavily impact success on Amazon. In the near future they could impact other marketplaces and websites as well.
This video walks through how to look up a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Which is a starting point for figuring out whether a trademark is in place for your brand name.
- Go to https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database
- Click “Search Trademarks” (lands you at http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4810:tt6qdr.1.1)
- Click “Basic Word Mark Search (New User)”
- Type the name of the brand or trademark in, it is case sensitive.
- Find the live trademark in question to find the needed information.
You will need to do this if you’re trying to figure out if a brand has a trademark, whether you want to create a trademark, of if you have an Amazon account and want to file for Brand Registry but are unsure if a trademark exists.