Launching Amazon Products in Europe is easier now than ever before. Launch in Europe to grow your customer base and brand recognition!
There are five European Marketplaces: UK, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain.
Here are the five steps to being ready to launch across the Atlantic in 2019:
1. Obtain a VAT in UK. (This can be done through companies like Regional Express or Regional Shipping and typically takes 2-3 weeks.)
2. Create an Amazon Europe Account.
3. Create your listings.
4. Ship inventory FBA to UK.
5. The products will ship to all 5 European Marketplaces from there through a program called Pan-EU Fulfillment. A prime badge is awarded.
– New, global customer base
– Get your feet in emerging markets
– Additional top-level sales
– Can price however you’d like
– You can be a US entity with a US Bank account
– Cross-border fees
– VAT registration fees
– European Consumption Tax at 20%
– Monthly account fee
– European trademark (Optional)
– You do not need a European Entity, but you will be paying quarterly taxes that can be outsourced to a tax consultant.
– You do not need a European bank account. You can use your US bank account.
– The 5 Amazon European marketplaces are used by the entire continent.
– Listing items in Europe can be tricky due to translations and EU regulations. Example: Medical Claims have to always be backed up in Europe.
– Use tools like https://www.deepl.com/en/translator to translate copy over to other languages.
– Brand registry setup is the same as in the US except you need a European Trademark that can be obtained through a company like Avast.
– Germany is the biggest marketplace, followed by the UK.
– Since there is a 20% across all of Europe as duties in a consumption tax, you can generally raise the price of your product up 20% to negate this cost. The European customers are generally understanding.
– If you’re selling supplements or topical items, you will need to clear a category gating. This is normally solved by providing images of the box along with a Certificate of Analysis.
– There is a monthly fee for Amazon Euro that covers all 5 marketplaces.
Amazon has representatives that can help you with this process. One of the reps is Krista Tse ([email protected]).