Here’s how to get product insurance for Amazon FBA:
- Identify an insurance provider, we used Hiscox
- Get a quote
- Pay for insurance
- Download proof of insurance
- Load to Seller Central
Below is some helpful information and links to all the steps and requirements.
We are writing to remind you to provide proof of liability insurance for the products you sell through Amazon.com Please provide this information within 30 days of receiving this email.
Why did I receive this message?
You are required to provide proof of liability insurance, and our records show you have not done so. As of September 1, 2021, Section 9 of the Business Solutions Agreement (https://sellercentral.amazon.
What do I do next?
Please upload your Certificate of Insurance (COI) as proof of liability insurance coverage within 30 days of receiving this email. The COI is issued by your insurance company and details what is covered, the amount of coverage, and any exclusions or deductibles.
Where do I submit my proof of liability insurance?
Upload your COI on the Business Insurance page (https://sellercentral.amazon.
What are the insurance requirements?
Your commercial liability insurance policy must meet all of the following criteria:
1. The policy limit must be at least $1 million per occurrence and in aggregate, and cover liabilities caused by or occurring in conjunction with your business operations, including products, products/completed operations and bodily injury;
2. The insurance policy type can be either commercial general, umbrella, or excess liability and be occurrence based;
3. Your insurance provider must have global claim handling capability and a financial rating of S&P (https://www.spglobal.com/rati
4. Your insurance provider must give Amazon at least 30 days’ notice of cancellation, modification or nonrenewal;
5. The policy must name “Amazon.com Services LLC and its affiliates and assignees” as additional insureds;
6. The deductible for any policy(ies) must not be greater than $10,000 and any deductible amount must be listed on the certificate(s) of insurance;
7. The policy must cover all sales from products you have listed on the Amazon website;
8. Your insured name must match the “legal entity” name you provided to Amazon (view your legal entity name) (https://sellercentral.amazon.
9. The policy must be completed in its entirety and signed; and
10. The policy must be valid for at least 60 days from the date of submission.
How can I obtain liability insurance?
You can choose any insurance provider that meets our requirements above. To help you easily and affordably secure liability insurance, Amazon has worked with an insurance broker to create Amazon Insurance Accelerator, a network of insurance providers who will evaluate and, if appropriate, offer liability insurance at competitive rates to qualifying selling partners. You can learn more about Amazon Insurance Accelerator and contact the providers here (https://sellercentral.amazon.
Our first submission was rejected – trying to use a current policy from last year. We had to make several updates.
We received your submission but do not have enough information to verify your proof of liability insurance at this time for the following.
— Your policy coverage dates mentioned on the policy do not match the information provided to Amazon.
— The document does not qualify as proof of liability insurance. Your insurer will need to issue a “Certificate of Insurance,” which details the property and persons covered, the amount of coverage, and any exclusions or deductibles.
— Your policy does not name Amazon and its assignees as additional insureds. Your insurer will need to add “Amazon.com Services LLC and its affiliates and assignees” as an additional insured.
— The type of insurance does not meet our requirement. We only accept commercial general, umbrella, or excess liability insurance written on an occurrence basis.
— Your policy does not contain a policy number.
— Your policy limits are less than $1 million per occurrence and in aggregate. We require policy limits of at least $1 million per occurrence and in aggregate.
How do I submit additional information?
You can submit additional information on the “Business Insurance page”. You can use this link to reach the “Business Insurance” page directly:
Alternatively you can follow the steps below:
— Log into Seller Central.
— Go to the settings menu and select “Account Info” to view your Seller Account Information page.
— In the Business Information section, go to the “Business Insurance” page to address the above-mentioned issues.
What happens if I do not provide the requested information?
If within 60 days of the first notification by Amazon we do not receive your proof of insurance or we are unable to confirm the information you provide within, future disbursements will be held in your seller account until we are able to verify your proof of insurance. If you still do not take any action or we are still unable to verify your proof of insurance within 90 days of the initial notification, we may not allow you to continue selling on Amazon.com.
It took one day to get accepted!
Thank you for providing your proof of liability insurance for the products you sell through Amazon.com. We have completed our review and no further action is required.
To view your account performance, select “Account Health” on the home screen of the “Amazon Seller” app on your iOS or Android device, or go to the “Account Health” page in Seller Central:
The Account Health page shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.
#amazonselling #amazonseller #amazonfba #myamazonguy
My Podcast Setup:
Rode NT1KIT Cardioid Condenser Microphone https://amzn.to/39aCRWb
Rode Swivel Mount: https://amzn.to/31daD8T
RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio https://amzn.to/3cghWCM
Sony Alpha a6400 Camera https://amzn.to/31bTFYi
Sigma 16mm Sony E Lens https://amzn.to/3lQxAZ0